In light of the decrease in covid cases in Manila, the Department of Education in the Philippines is allowing Faith Academy to have school in person! This week we began “blended learning,” which means that we are teaching synchronously to kids online and in person. It is SO nice (and feels surreal) to have students in our classrooms. Faith Academy has not had in-person classes since March 2020!
We are inviting you to pray with us as we head into this new season. As with many big transitions, there are a range of emotions that our community is experiencing. Students and teachers have expressed feeling excited, thankful, happy, in shock, sad, angry, stressed, nervous, and neutral about blended learning.
Some specific things you can pray for include:
- Pray for the students who would like to come to school in person, but are not able to for various reasons.
- Pray for the students who are struggling with anxiety and other mental health issues. Some of them have declined coming to school for such reasons, while others have decided to come but are extremely nervous about it.
- Pray that the students who are at school in person would feel a sense of connection.
- Pray for wisdom and endurance for our faithful administration team who has been working tirelessly on our behalf.
- Pray that teachers would be sensitive to the Spirit’s leading and aware of the needs of our students (both online and in person). Pray for discipleship opportunities with our students.
Pray for extra measures of grace and patience for students and teachers as everyone figures out how to do “blended learning.”
Thank you so much for your continued prayer and support. We are so grateful to God for you!
Much love, Britt and Grady