Life Groups

Slide16Life Groups are a modern take on Bible studies, with a dozen or so people getting together to share community, snacks and an exploration of their faith. Many life groups discuss the Sunday sermon and enhance it with questions, personal stories, and prayer.

Life groups are a great way to build community and faith.


Small groups are for everyone who wants to develop friendships, to be challenged and encouraged,  and even to laugh. They are both a place to reflect and a place to relax and learn together.



Wherever you are in your spiritual journey, relationships with others are important for your growth. Whether you’re just checking out the Christian faith or digging deep, life groups are a great place for you to grow.



Many groups find creative ways to serve the community – in our neighbourhood, befriending new Canadians, working at Ark Aid or supporting people overseas. Together we can make a difference in our world.



Small groups are also “missional” – a key goal is to reach out and invite others to join us in following Jesus. We try to always have an open chair where people can come and explore what faith is all about.

Contact us

To learn more about Life Groups, please contact our Life Group organizers, Brad and Renee Alcox

Available Groups

Below you will find a link to our latest update on available Life Groups, when they meet, and also when the current session dates happen:


Weekly Questions

Many groups are meeting weekly to discuss the previous Sunday’s sermon. Click here to find our recent sermons. Click on a sermon to get the sermon-based questions.

What People Say

“Very encouraging …”

Last fall, my husband and I joined a Life Group for the first time. I really enjoyed the opportunity to discuss ideas, learn more from the Bible and share other people’s faith journeys. It was very encouraging to us both.

“Arrive tired … leave refreshed …”

The busier my life, the more I realize that I have to make time for my Life Group. I may arrive tired, but leave refreshed after drawing strength from sharing, praying and learning with other members of my group.

“Dig deeper … share ideas …”

Our Life Group this year discussed issues and truths presented in Sunday’s sermon. It was great to dig deeper, share ideas and find ways to apply the weekly message to our daily lives.

Don’t miss out on the joy that awaits you in a Life Group!

Small groups have always been an important part of life at Village Green. Over 70 percent of the people in our congregation belong to a Life Group, and we’re working on the other 30 percent! Small groups are essentially about doing life together.

For more information, contact the church office.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.