Welcome to another edition of our weekly newsletter. We are in the midst of another government lockdown with an allowance of 15% capacity in our auditorium (which translates to 44 people). This was a bit of a surprise as we expected to be reduced to earlier lockdown numbers of 5. With that said, we are happy to know that we can continue hosting those who need to be here in person.
We continue to monitor any updates and pass on any changes as they become available. If you do want to join us in person on Sunday mornings please contact the office at email@example.com
New Series and Next Session of Life Groups
This Sunday begins a new 5-part series entitled Things God Uses. It is also the startup of our next session of Life Groups (which will end the week of June 13th). Join us as we learn how to witness God working in our lives, especially at a time when many are wondering if he’s even there.
New Kids Connection Hours
Our Sunday morning Kids Connection stream has a new time slot from 9:15-9:45 am. This is a big change from the previous 10:30 slot so please be aware of these new hours. The link to the new stream will be sent in the Saturday newsletter that each family receives, so make sure you grab the new link.
Important Note: If you want to opt-out of receiving the monthly materials for Kids Connection please let the office know at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gathering – Coming April 18th
Our next online community GATHERING is scheduled for April 18th and will run from 11:15-12:15. If you are part of our online community and want to meet and get to know others then why not take this opportunity and sign up. You can let the office know by contacting us at email@example.com.
We are also having a “focus question” to help initiate conversation and connection within the groups. The focus question for April 18th comes from the first two messages presented in the Things God Uses series.
What underlying fears (or “what if” scenarios) are being played out by Moses? How can “fears” become a barrier to God working in your own life?
Praying for Our Community
Members of our prayer team have been praying for a missionary couple who have been going door to door in our area. They have been knocking on doors and leaving behind a tract about Jesus being the “Light of the World.” To date, 150 homes have received this witness. They are asking prayer for the following:
Pray the Lord of the harvest will send us coworkers to help us water the seeds in spite of the strong lockdown which has just been extended for the month of April! Pray that many believers will be keen to learn how to creatively engage unsaved friends in conversations about the hope and light of the gospel. You can find out more at the following link. (www.answering-islam.org/authors/clarke/light_world.html)
A Study on the Book of Acts
Our study in the Book of Acts continues this Monday, April 12th at 7:00 pm EST. The hour-long series will run on YouTube and you can grab the link and notes at www.jkorkidakis.com. You will find them under the “YouTube Series” tab and then the page for “The Book of Acts.” We are into week #5, Chapters 12-14.
How To watch the Service on Sunday Mornings and Get the Life Group Material:
There are three options for watching the service online: (Services start at 10:00 am)
- Facebook – Village Green has two Facebook pages. One is a community page that has a picture of the auditorium as its profile pic and the other page has the VG logo as the profile picture. The VG logo one is the official page and it is where you will see the service. I also post the link to the LIFE Group material there on Fridays. The link for the podcast or audio file of the message from Sunday is posted on Mondays. There are other announcements periodically from the church there as well.
- YouTube – go to YouTube and search Village Green Church or click link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMmrtDfuG-8tR9wSI6xqY3g
– If you click on subscribe, you will get a notification of a new video
- Village Green Website – click on this link https://villagegreenchurch.com/live/
Note: on YouTube and the website you can join the chat and interact with the rest of the congregation. On YouTube you have to be signed in to participate.
To watch the service after Sundays – all the services are available on YouTube at the above link or search Village Green Community Church. They can be watched by clicking on videos on the top tab or by clicking playlist. The playlist will give you the whole sermon series. The kid’s videos are there as well.
Four ways to access LIFE Group material:
- Saturday’s newsletter (sometimes referred to as MailChimp) – click on the link that says LIFE Group material.
- Click on the link on Facebook on Friday. It will show up with a YouVersion Bible app picture. (see point 4)
- Village Green Website – here you will be able to hear the audio file of the sermon as well as get the file for PowerPoint and LIFE Group material. https://villagegreenchurch.com/sermons/
- YouVersion has a Bible app – https://www.youversion.com/the-bible-app/ download the app to your device. Once downloaded it will have in the bottom corner Events. Click on it – find Village Green and click on it. There will be a save button – click it so you can always access it. You can type in your own notes which will help when you meet. This app is fantastic! It has the Bible in all different versions along with tons of Bible studies.
That is it for this week.
I hope you found this week’s update helpful and informative.
Lastly, stay hopeful.
We have come a long way through this pandemic and I know many of you have grown weary of the seemingly never-ending cycle of lockdowns. Let’s be praying for one another, our community, our nation, and those who are making decisions that affect our lives. But most of all, remember that the Lord is faithful and will keep you in his care.
Stay healthy and safe.