Flemings in the Philippines!
Happy New Year! We hope that you all had a lovely Christmas season, enjoying time with loved ones and reflecting on the birth of our Savior.
We are so grateful for you all and the support you have shown us these past two years. Thank you for all of your messages, gifts, and prayers. Thank you for journeying with us as we prepared to leave for the mission field, taught online and blended learning last year, and now as we have been able to enjoy a full schedule of teaching and coaching in person! God is so faithful. Here are some prayers that you all have prayed for that He has answered 🙂
- Thank you for praying for our ministry and professional development, for our growth as teachers and coaches, for increased capacity, knowledge and wisdom as we learn the content of our courses, for God’s grace and love as we build relationships with our students and athletes.
- Thank you for praying for our transition to the Philippines, for our language acquisition, for our integration into our local church, and for our community here.
- Thank you for praying for our practical needs such as housing, transportation, food, water, and other materials and resources that help us thrive here.
- Thank you for praying for unity in our marriage, and for our spiritual growth and protection.
Thank you for all of your support. God is working through you to do His work in the Philippines and beyond. As we contemplate the future, we are excited to share how we sense that God is leading us.
We’re Going Long Term!
Before we left for the Philippines, our plan was to serve at Faith for two years. During this season, we wanted to discern whether this is where and how God wanted us to serve long term. To help guide us through this process, we were asking three questions:
- Are we enjoying our ministry?
- Are we effective in our ministry?
- Do we see capacity and opportunity for continued growth?
After being here at Faith Academy for a year and a half, praying through our time here, and having conversations with trusted mentors, we strongly feel that the answer to all three of these questions is an overwhelming YES. God has confirmed this through His provision, through our teaching and coaching experiences, through interactions with students, parents, fellow staff and friends, and through our own sense of peace and purpose here. Faith Academy is an environment where we are able to use the gifts and skills that God has given us, while also providing opportunities for us to continue to learn and grow holistically. We feel supported and empowered by our leaders, and we trust and respect how they are seeking God’s will for Faith Academy. We believe and are passionate about the vision and mission of the school, and we see how God has and is equipping us to contribute to furthering His work here.
Faith Academy’s mission and vision:
FORMING CHRISTLIKE, LIFELONG LEARNERS THROUGH A DYNAMIC, RELEVANT EDUCATION, ESPECIALLY FOR THE CHILDREN OF MISSIONARIES SERVING IN ASIA
TO SEE GOD’S KINGDOM AND THE GREAT COMMISSION ADVANCED THROUGH TRANSFORMATIVE, CHRIST-CENTERED EDUCATION
In light of all this, we are deciding to commit to serving at Faith Academy indefinitely. We will see how God guides us in the future, but for now, we are confident that this is where He wants us.
At this point, our plan is to still come back to Canada for a while to connect with friends and family, and to raise a broader network of support. We are still thinking and praying about the details of this, and are in conversation with both the school and our mission organization about how best to go about this time. We will be sure to keep you all updated as our plans unfold.
New Years fireworks across Manila!
- Prayer for continued growth, protection, and unity in our marriage.
- Pray that God would provide clarity, wisdom, and direction as we discern when to go to Canada and how long to spend there.
- Our mission organization, Fellowship International, connects all of their career missionaries with counselors. We are thankful for this support and resource. Pray that our counseling sessions would be Spirit-led, and that God would shed light on areas where He wants us to grow, and experience wholeness.
Prayer for this upcoming semester. Pray for wisdom and love as we teach and coach, and for discipleship opportunities with our students.
Thank you so much for all of your support. We are forever grateful 🙂 Please let us know if we can be praying for you!
Grady and Britt