Welcome to April, the month of Easter celebrations and a renewed anticipation of Spring. Welcome as well to the newsletter for Village Green Community Church. Enjoy this month’s installment and make sure you plan to join us for a month of hope and inspiration. He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!
April 2 – Join us for our Palm Sunday service. The first Sunday of the month is when we typically have Communion, but for April, Communion is being moved to Good Friday, April 7th.
April 7 – Our Good Friday service begins at our regular meeting time of 10:00 am. As noted already, this will also be the service where we celebrate Communion. We have some special elements as part of this service so hope you can join us and be blessed.
April 9 – Easter Sunday, the day which celebrates the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and reminds us of the hope we all embrace when we come to believe in the One who has victory over the grave. This is going to be a service that you don’t want to miss!
Our series over the Easter season is “Where Do I Stand?” In his ministry, Jesus attracted many crowds. Jesus’ challenge to everyone who gathered around him was where did they stand when it came to believing in him? This Easter, let’s be reminded that where we stand with Jesus, makes all the difference in the world.
April 16 – Starting on the 16th is a brand new series as well as the startup of the next session of Life Groups. This 7-part series entitled, “Why Should I Care About…? Priorities Christians Should Embrace”. Here is the promo for the series.
As believers, we need to be caring people, but caring about what? We recognize the need for personal growth, but are there other important areas we need to value and embrace? If God cares about these, we should too. Some of the topics we will be covering are creation, justice, well-being, and the church.
April 30 – The final Sunday in April is where we are reserving as a “Celebration Sunday”. These are services scheduled on the fifth Sunday of a month where we celebrate some aspect of the church. It could be focused on a missionary, a specific ministry that we want to highlight, or even testimonies of the way God is working at Village Green. It is often the service where we baptize, dedicate children, and welcome new members to the church.
If you are wanting to be baptized, dedicate a child, or come into membership, please inform the church by contacting the office at email@example.com. You can also make us aware of your intent by using one of our handy digital contact cards by clicking the link below.
You can also pick up a physical contact card at the Welcome Center in the foyer of the church the next time you are there.
WORSHIP MINISTRY GATHERING
On April 28th from 6:30-8:00 pm, there will be a worship gathering for everyone who is involved in the music and A/V ministry. There will be food and a time of worshipping together. If you are interested in being part of this vital ministry why not consider coming out and finding out more?
NEW BUDGET YEAR
Starting April 1st is our new budget year. The budget for 2023-2024 was approved at our congregational meeting on March 26th. Thank you to those who put the time and effort into formulating the budget and getting it ready for the meeting as well as the many who came to vote on its acceptance.
As stated at the meeting, the budget is tight and reflective of the inflationary pressures we are all experiencing. In light of this, we are asking the following:
- Commit to praying for the finances of the church and for wisdom in stewarding the resources entrusted to us.
- Consider increasing what you give to the church. It is estimated that a 10% increase will allow us to make the budget. (100 people giving $54.82 a week reaches the goal for the year).
- Pray for more rental opportunities, especially long-term contracts that give us financial stability over time.
- Consider the church as part of your legacy decisions, such as life insurance, or monetary windfalls.
DAY CAMPS FOR 2023
Village Green Community Church is partnering with two camp organizations in July and August 2023, Forest Cliff Day Camps and Adullam Camp, to provide Day Camp opportunities this summer.
Forest Cliff Camps will run for two weeks from July 10-14 and July 17-21
Adullum Camp will run from July 31 – August 4
For more information and to register, click the specific camp buttons below.
BITS AND PIECES
- This a reminder of our podcast, Theology Jam, featuring me (Jon Korkidakis) and Matthew Burkholder. We recently released one where we interviewed Dr. David Barker, a long-time professor and colleague at Heritage College and Seminary on his new book on the Psalms, This Poor Man Called: Stories and Songs of David. You can catch us on any podcast provider.
- We are in the season of nominating new members for the Board of Directors or Board of Elders. As the committee is being formed this month and going through the membership list for potential candidates, they are always open to hearing from you. If you want to put someone’s name forward for either of our Boards, simply email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This a reminder that we really appreciate it when you share or like the content posted by the church. It helps to give our content greater traction and a wider audience.
- We continue to struggle with volunteers in some key areas. A primary one is the Sunday morning production team which includes sound mixing, live-streaming, and PowerPoint, as well as music and Kids Connection and Youth. Let’s just put it this way. If you need a place to serve, then we have a place for you. Contact the church if you are interested in helping out at email@example.com.
As we close out this month’s newsletter we want to extend the best to you and your family this Easter season. May you be richly blessed and may the hope found in the promise of the Resurrection be the center of your life.
Yours in Christ,