Welcome to our latest blog. You will find some important updates as well as the latest news on all that is happening at Village Green Community Church.
Brent and Jennifer Paul continue to lead us each Sunday through Advent devotions as part of our series, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year. They begin each one of our Christmas services so make sure you are connected right at 10:00 am.
Our Christmas Eve service, The Gift of Belief, will be streamed on December 24th starting at 6:00 pm EST (This is now an hour earlier than previously reported). It will be available on any of our broadcast channels – Website, Facebook, and YouTube.
We will have a lighting of the candle ceremony at the end of the service with a special presentation. If you want to participate we are asking that you prepare candles for your family as you view the service. The lighting of the candles has been a long tradition here at Village Green and we wanted to make sure we honoured it this year.
The Carol Sing that was planned for this Sunday, (December 20), has been canceled. Due to the new restrictions imposed recently the leadership felt we could not in good conscience go forward with the event. We also wanted to demonstrate to our community our concern for their safety and our respect for the restrictions that have been put in place.
Staying the Course
As a church, we are continually monitoring the announcements from the government. As cases continue to rise in the London area there are indications that we may be looking at further restrictions and lockdowns. If any of these restrictions apply to any of our in-person gatherings or Christmas schedule we will let you know as soon as possible. The new restrictions have already affected our youth programming and Carol Sing.
Gotta Love Technology Except When it Lets You Down.
We wanted to give you an update on the problems we’ve been having with the live stream on our website for the last couple of weeks. Our Tech Team is on the case again. For some reason, our internet was acting up last week and went down a number of times. The potential problem was identified and appears to be corrected.
As a reminder, we now broadcast to three separate platforms on Sunday – our website, YouTube, and Facebook. If one goes down, you can jump to one of the other two options to catch the service. We do our best to notify those online whenever we suspect trouble in order to give you time to jump to another platform.
Coming January 2021 – A New Series and Life Groups!
Starting the 2nd week of January (the 10th) is a new series and a new session of Life Groups.
The series is entitled, The Future Me, and the five message series will look at the spiritual and practical steps needed to guide us to where we want to be. Some of the topics will include struggling with change, feeling stuck, or fear that prevents moving forward. The biblical principles we will explore will be applicable to anyone in every stage of life.
The next Life Group session also starts the week of January 10th so if you are interested in joining a group or even trying out a different one, you can contact the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Being the Church
2020 has been a year of many challenges, not only on an individual level but at a church level as well. As we come to the final weeks of this year I want to encourage you on a number of items. These have been mentioned in messages given throughout this difficult season, and as recently as the closing week of our Anniversary Services in November. They are important reminders for continuing to make Village Green an effective ministry for the future.
- Maintain a Sunday Morning Routine
- It is easy to get distracted or pulled away from the church. Plan on making Sunday mornings a time of worshipping with others here at Village Green.
- Stay Committed and Connected
- Your spiritual health and growth are your responsibility, but we try to do whatever we can to help. Join a Life Group, give consistently, connect with others. Community connection is only a call or a text away.
- Pray – for influence, wisdom, and kingdom impact
- In this season, decisions still need to be made and lives still need to be touched by the transforming power of the Gospel. Pray that God continues to be our ever-present help in times of trouble. So many need the church right now!
- Share the value / Be the church
- Never has it been easier to invite others to experience the church. For one, why not consider ‘sharing’ each time to log into a Sunday morning service instead of just liking it? The more we share, the more opportunities we have to change a life.
1. Drop off your offering at the church, either through the mailbox during the week or in the basket when entering the service on Sunday morning.
2. Go to our website, www.villagegreenchurch.com, and use the Give button on the top-right menu bar. There is also a Give bottom in the footer menu of the website as well. The Give button will take you to our PayPal portal.
3. You can also give by using email@example.com to make e-transfers to the church. If you do use this option, please make sure we have an address on file so we know where to send the receipt.
Hoping for you and your family a most blessed Christmas and God’s best for 2021