This Sunday is our first service since the government mandated shutdown on March 22nd, some 21 weeks ago. As you can see from the picture above, “Christian” is excited to welcome you back!
As we begin the slow transition of re-gathering we are asking that you take time and pray for our services, especially that guidelines will be respected in order to keep everyone safe.
As we plan we want to remind you of a number of changes to the services at this time.
- The doors will be open at 9:45. You will be directed into the auditorium and seated. Please respect the requirements of physical distancing.
- The foyer, and other areas of the church are off-limits. The washroom doors are to be left open and we request that they be used only when needed.
- There will be no coffee, bulletins, congregational singing and no taking up an offering. If you have an offering to give we ask that you drop it into the church, mailbox outside the main office door as you enter the auditorium.
- We are discouraging any congregational singing and no words will be projected on the auditorium screen.
- There will be no Kids Connection for the immediate future, but we are continuing to offer the live stream version.
- Please remember to park in the upper parking lot on the west side of the building as the lower level door will be locked and inaccessible.
- At the completion of the service you will be directed on exiting the building.
As a further reminder, here are the three standard precautions that we will be enforcing as part of our regathering. They are as follows:
- Physical distancing
- Wearing a mask
- Washing/sanitizing of hands as well as the sanitization of all high contact areas.
For a full of our protocols you can grab our VG-Re-Gathering Protocols 2020.
If you are interested in coming to the services we are asking that you contact the office with your intent to attend at email@example.com.
Going forward, we are in need of volunteers to help out in the AV and Sound Ministries. If you are available, please contact the office.
To close this section, here’s a link to an article that advocates for wearing masks. It raises some great points. Its written from an American context but the items are applicable to our context. You can grab the article here.
Your Story, Our Church!
On Sunday, we are taking time to read excerpts from those who are sharing their stories of how Village Green has blessed them and what God has been teaching them.
We would love to hear from you. Remember, your story may just be the encouragement and blessing that others need. If you are open to sharing your story, you can send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
As August approaches, we will be taking a break from our Life Groups in order to prepare for September. Therefore, no material will be produced for the month.
Ways to Give
A reminder that you can now use email@example.com to make e-transfers to the church. If you do use this option, please make sure we have an address on file so we know where to send the receipt. We also have a PayPal portal on our website: villagegreenchurch.com. You can also drop off your offerings through the mail slot at the church. It is checked on a regular basis.
Stay strong, stay healthy and stay connected.